Screening License Agreement
This Agreement is made to grant the organization named below a single license for the limited, non-broadcast, public exhibition of the film It’s a Girl (“the film”).
I agree that I (“the Licensee”) shall pay to Shadowline Films, LLC (“the Licensor”) a licensing fee in the sum of $150 which shall become due and payable upon signing this agreement. In consideration of payment of the license fee provided for above, the Licensor hereby grants to the Licensee, without warranty, a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to screen the Film, subject to the terms and conditions specified herein, as follows:
- The Licensee hereby expressly agrees that the Film shall be used only for the permitted purposes as set forth in this agreement and for no other purpose.
- The Licensee agrees that the Film may be exhibited in a single screening only. Permission for additional screenings must be made directly to the Licensor and will incur additional licensing fees and contract terms.
- The Licensee agrees that the cost to deliver the DVD and additional materials (if desired) is at the Licensee’s cost.
- The Licensee agrees that the Film may be (though not necessarily) exhibited before an audience to whom admission is charged for the viewing of the Film or from whom a designated admission donation or contribution is required.
- If the licensee intends to use the film to raise funds for his or her organization, the licensee agrees that they must inform the Licensor and the rental contract and screening fees may be subject to change.
- The Licensee agrees that it shall not permit the Film to be duplicated, sold, lent, transferred, or made available to any other party not contained herein at any time or in any manner other than as provided for in this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall not be assignable by Licensee without Licensor’s prior written consent, and any purported assignment thereof without such consent shall be null and void from the making thereof.
- Licensee shall indemnify and hold harmless Licensor, its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies and their directors, employees, agents, shareholders, licensees and assigns from all claims, liabilities, damages, costs and reasonable outside legal fees (other than with respect to any settlement entered into without Licensor’s written consent or claim to which Licensor has not been notified) arising from Licensee’s breach of this agreement and/or exploitation of the film hereunder.
With respect to the License granted hereunder, it is expressly understood and acknowledge by the Licensee that any rights, title, or interest that the Licensor maintains with respect to the Film are expressly reserved by the Licensor. This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and any amendments, changes, or modifications shall have legal effect and be binding only if signed by both parties.